Bath soaks are one of the BEST way to pamper yourself after a stressful week of work/school/life. I found a list of wonderful bath soaks that you can make at home. No need to go to the spa!
Here is an article for you about different sorts of home-made baths that you can make at home. Theses recipes will help you, your skin, your body… just choose the most appropriate one for yourself :)
- Bath with sea saltStir in water 350 gr. of natural sea salt and lay in this “sea” for about 15-20 minutes. This procedure stimulates yourmetabolism. A whole course (to really straighten your metabolism) consists of 10-12 baths that you take every two days. You skin becomes much smoother and more elastic. The temperature of your “sea” should not exceed 36-37C°.
- Cleopatra BathTake 1 litre of natural cow milk, add 200-300 grams of honey. Stir and pour into your bath. Now you can feel like a Cleopatra, your skin will become very smooth and silky.
- Bath with henna and teaIn a 3-litre jar put three tablespoons of black tea and 2 1/3 tablespoons of henna. Pour in boiling water. Infuse for 15 minutes. Strain this mix in order to eliminate the bits. After this, you can pour this brownish-green liquid in your bath. Your bath might be a little dirty afterwards, but it washes away easily with bathroom-detergent.
- Bath with oil and orange oil against celluliteDilute a few drops of orange oil in olive oil and pour it all into the tub. This mixture of oils gradually diminishes cellulite. While bathing, you will feel your skill pinch from time to time and this isgood. However, you should stop the process if you feel pain or strong discomfort.
- Bath with bay leavesPour boiling water over 10-12 bay leaves and let in infuse for 20-30 minutes. Add this infusion to your bath. This will show a very calming effect not only on the state of mind, but also on your skin
- Relaxing bath, muscle tension and muscle pain relief8 glasses of water, 1 cup of berries and pins of Juniper, a handful of eucalyptus leaves, 1/2 cup of lavender flowers and leaves, 2 cinnamon sticks, peel of 1 orange. Bring the resulting mixture to boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes. The strain and pour into a warm bath.
- Bath “Mandarin Caprice”5 drops of essential oil of tangerine, 3 drops of lavender oil, 1 drop of pine oil, a handful of fresh tangerine peels, 1/2 tablespoon of jojoba oil (it’s fine if you don’t have any). Add this mixture to your bath. The smell of citrus lifts your spirits, refreshes and relieves fatigue. Tangerine oil is ideal to prevent acne, helps to heal scars and stretch marks
- Body bath and steam bath for face on herbsNormal Skin : chamomile, geranium, lavender, yiang-yiang. Sensitive skin : camomile, lavender, rose, orange blossom, scented violet. Dry Skin : clary sage, sandalwood, marshmallow, rose.Oily Skin : calendula, lemon, basil, juniper and sage. Out of these herbs, you can make an infusion by brewing them in advance and then let infuse for 20-30 minute. Pour the infusion in your bath afterwards. To make a steam bath for the face, you need to pour boiling water over 1/4 cup dry herb mixture, cover your head with a towel and inhale the team of this infusion for 10 min
- Bath for soft and silky skinFor the skin to be soft and silky you need to take a shower in the evening and, on a clean and dry body (from feet to neck), rub in olive oil or any other vegetable oil. While rubbing in the oil, start preparing a bath with nice warm water. When your body is oily and your bath is ready, lay there for at least 15-20 minutes, massaging your skin and rubbing in the oil more and more. After the bath, you can wash off the oil with soap and water, but you can also simply use a wet towel. After this bath, it’s better to go straight to bed. Overnight, your skin will absorb the oil that you rubbed in and it will be baby smooth in the morning!
- Starch Bath to smoothen skinTake 0.5 kg of potato starch or a litter of thick oatmeal broth. Mix it with 1 tablespoon of pine extract. After the bath, treat your body with some moisturising cream
- Vinegar bag to smoothen skin
- Simply add 2-3 cups of apple vinegar to your bath
- Bath for dry skinAdd a glass of glycerol into your bath. Soak your body in this bath for 10 minutes maximum. Do not take this bath if you have a sunburn, as well as right after sunbathing!
Found on TUMBLR